I have been mining Bitcoins for a while now and realize that for some people using the mining software is a bit complicated. Generally you have to get a mining software like cgminer and then create a batch file to run it. Then within this batch file you have to add the server, workers name, password and other settings. After this when using one like cgminer (which is the best in my opinion) you need to create a config file. Now everything can be controlled by CGMinerGui.
RELEASE DELAYED DUE TO UNKNOWN RANDOM CRASHES (WORKING ON A FIX)
IMAGE WILL BE HERE ON DAY OF RELEASE
What is CGMiner Gui?
Well simply put its a GUI window that controls cgminer easily from one place instead of having to manually navigate to the batch file to change it or manually navigate to the .conf file and change it. You can also restart cgminer from the gui in the event you have any issues with the pool and it doesn’t pickup where it left off. I do understand that for those of you that are seasoned Bitcoin miners that this seems like a useless thing to have although those that want an easier interface may find it useful. I will be building on to this in future version to add other functions.
Additions Planned for CGMiner Gui:
- We will be adding the ability to auto load the miner and start mining when windows starts
- We will be adding the ability to run the miner as a hidden windows process (via adding a vbs file to startup)
- Any other features you would like to see please note in the comments below for my consideration.
VIDEO OF CGMINERGUI WILL BE HERE AFTER RELEASE
What is included in the CGMinerGUI Download?
You will get the most recent version of cgminer with a pre setup batch file as well as the CGMinerGUI graphical interface.
How to use CGMiner GUI:
- Download and unzip the Packaged version of cgminer (Download CGMinerGUI below)
- navigate to the folder you just unzipped and run CGMinerGUI.exe
- There will be an example batch file and config file already in place
- Edit the batch file using the button on the GUI adding your pool url, worker and password
- Save and close the batch file
- Restart CGMinerGUI
- with cgminer open and mining you can now create and edit the config file
- more after the CGMinerGUI is complete……
Download CGMinerGUI Version 1.01 (AVAILABLE SHORTLY, TESTING THOROUGHLY BEFORE RELEASE)
-> ESTIMATED RELEASE DATE WILL BE FRIDAY, APRIL 26th 2013
Please note that I have only developed the GUI aspect of this and cgminer is not mine. cgminer is the property of Con Kolivas and the most recent version can be found at https://github.com/ckolivas/cgminer without the GUI. The official support thread for cgminer can be found at https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=28402.0