Many of you that know me as Mofiki on CoinChat.org know that I was one of if not the first person to make a risky investment on a 50GHash ASIC Bitcoin mining rig from MrBitCoin916. I am writing this article for those that are interested in seeing the process and outcome of my order. I get many questions and hope that this can answer most of them easily and effectively.
MrBitCoin916’s ASIC mining rig’s have been verified as a scam so if you purchased a rig from him please do yourself a favor and immediately file a dispute with Paypal.
First I want to talk about the initial order made on June 4th 2013 was paid via an invoice in the amount of $1959.00 for a 50GHash Bitcoin Mining rig. This invoice stated that the sellers name is Arthur Bruce with the Paypal ID SecretMS. The invoice also clearly states that the rig will take 30 days to complete and another 5-10 days for shipment, if the item is late a $300 refund will be granted and that the rig can be returned within 30 days for any reason. This does give some peace of mind since the item should be in hand within the 45 days required for Paypal to issue a refund as well as stating it can be returned clearly in the Invoice.
Second I would like to talk about MrBitCoin916’s communication which has been rather good so far. He gives a Skype address, email address and of course since the Paypal address in confirmed you can contact him from there. He is often on CoinChat allowing most of our communication to take place their. He has answered every question I have thrown at him although since this is an unbiased record of events I will state that images of the rig itself have not been sent to me. He did however send me images of the rig connected to a worker on Slush’s pool to show that it does function. This being said images can be easily manipulated so that will not be proof at this point in time.
Status of Mining Rig Order:
- June 25, 2013: This is day 21 of my Bitcoin rig order. I have been told that my rig is done and ready for testing and that will last at least a week. The rig has some heating issues but will be fixed with a bottom fan and should still be on track. This is when I got a picture of it on Slush’s pool running at just over 50Ghash.
- July 3, 2013: This is day 29 of my ASIC rig order. MrBitCoin916 has stated that he will be shipping the rig shortly but is sick so his brother will drop it off and he will get me the tracking number once it ships.
- July 5, 2013: This is day 31 of my order. I am currently on CoinChat awaiting his login so that I can get the details of shipment status and report it to everyone. As I speak to him and get information I will post it here in the order and date received. At this point I will report when the item is shipped and again when I get it and add images and videos to this post.
- July 6, 2013: This is day 32 of my ASIC order and I spoke with MrBitCoin916 via Skype. He is still sick but had his brother ship the rig and will have a tracking number to me by this evening. I will add to this entry once I have the tracking number in hand and let everyone know where it it until I get it.
- July 7,2013: So a MrBitCoin without the 916 jumped on CoinChat and stated that the other one (MrBitcoin916) was a scammer and that his rigs were nothing more than a scam. I tried to contact him and it seems that all of the contact avenues are gone and or non-responsive. I did get a response from one of the emails that I sent to the address in the original Paypal Invoice and the response is below.
IM sorry to inform you but the person who has been selling you these bitcoin things threw my accounts.
-IS NOT ME- I have been sick in the hospital for over a month and a half when i came home i came home to a PayPal missing thousands of dollars and invoices were sent out to people. Please dispute this so PayPal Can look into it did this person also ever give you a number or any form of id to prove there where who they said they were. I can call you at any point if you like and we can talk about this.
Paypal Dispute over the MrBitCoin916 ASIC mining rig:
Opened Paypal dispute in the amount of $1959.00 on July 7th 2013 and called Paypal to discuss the disput this morning on July 8th. Paypal has notified me that the money has been put on freeze but that it could take up to 30 days to get the money back.
- July 18, 2013: Paypal has investigated the dispute and closed it in my favor for the full amount. The response from Paypal received today is below:
Dear Brandon Orndorff,
We have concluded our investigation into your case and have decided in your favor.
We were able to recover $1,959.00 USD and this amount has been credited to you. Please allow five business days for this adjustment to be posted.
If you are due any additional funds, we will make our best effort to recover the balance from the seller.
If the seller’s account has insufficient funds to complete the refund owed to you, please be assured that we will take appropriate action against the seller’s account, which may include limitation of the seller’s account privileges.
In conclusion I have now verified that the MrBitCoin916 ASIC mining rig is a SCAM and that you will not get the rig you purchase. I will have to say that he was a great scammer as the response quoted above came with the name LoliMadit which was his Skype name that some of our conversations took place on.
If you are feeling generous and want to donate to me please use the addresses below. Thank you all for your support in this matter and I hope that everyone gets their money back that have purchased a rig from this scammer.
Bitcoin Donation Address
Litecoin Donation Address:
Namecoin Donation Address
The moral of this entire story is that something that seems to be a great thing when it comes to anything, especially Bitcoin, it is likely a scam. I am a very trusting person and he got me although Paypal seems to be a great ally when it comes to disputing a purchase so I am again hopeful, this time for a full refund.